«

»

Mar
12

Tattoo and Piercing Industry Union The official home of …

The Annual General Meetingis coming up on 11March 2019.

12 noon

Venue: Mary Turner House, 22 Stephensons Way, London NW1 2HD.

All members are welcome.

Remember, this is your opportunity to air your views and meet the committee.Invitationshave been posted out to members so we hope to see you there!

Current Committee members are:President: Rick StevensVice President: Chic ChildTreasurer: Chris Bloomfield

Secretary: Nadine Kacprowicz

Chief Liaison: Marcus HendersonEqualities officer & Social Media Monitor: Cilla North

The Next Meetingis coming up on 3 September 2018.

12 noon at the GMB HQ, 22 Stephensons Way, London NW1 2HD

Those in attendence were:Chris, Chic, Cilla, Rick, Marcus and Suzy.

1. B.S.IChris and Marcus attended a meeting regarding the final (ish) drafts on the forthcoming European Standard for Tattoo Studios. Expected completion is 12-18 months as guidance not legislation.We were pleased that this was an opportunity for our members to reconnect with important contacts like Ian Grey, Alan Beswick and Peter Hoffman.Ian Grey has expressed interest in liasing with us to update the Tattoo Toolkit. Rick to email him and start the ball rolling.

2. FinancePayments have been made for the domain and upkeep of the website.Union funds from the GMB are now updating regularly but money is still outstanding. It was suggested we need to meet with Warren Kenny to chase this up and insist on future regular and timely financial statements as they have been late regularly in the past.

3. MembershipOne new member this month. We do appreciate we need a new membership drive but need specific areas to work in to attract members which is proving to be difficult. The usual apathy within the industry applies.

4. Four Star Rating SchemeThe Welsh 4 Star Rating Scheme has changed leadership and all seems to have gone quiet. The scheme was launched by CIEH Wales. Licensing is law in Wales now with a time limit of two years to implement it. It was suggested we contact Gavin Williams (Senior EHO).Chic will email him to introduce himself and re-establish connections between the TPIU, as we think we could gain knowledge for future implications and to have updates on progress with licensing.

5. Advancing technologyRecent advances in machine technology have put into question if the bagging of machines is still necessary as the claims are that these machines can be autoclaved. It was suggested we gather data to find hard evidence to support this idea. Also to give up to date information to EHOs as to whether this new technology needs to be assessed in different ways.

Next meeting to be arranged for a couple of months time

Next normal meeting is at 10.30am on the29th January 2018 in Kent.For further details ring Rick on 07970976704 if you wish to attend.

The Annual General Meeting is coming up on 11 September 2017.

12 noon at the Karl Marx Library, 37A Clerkenwell Green, London EC1R 0DU.It would be great to see as many members as possible this year.Remember, this is your opportunity to meet the committee and air your views.Invitations are being posted out to members so we hope to see you there!

Current Committee members are:President: Rick StevensVice President: Chic ChildTreasurer: Chris Bloomfield

Secretary: Nadine Kacprowicz

Chief Liaison: Marcus HendersonEqualities officer & Social Media Monitor: Cilla North

The Annual General Meeting is coming up on 28 November 2016. 12 noon at the Karl Marx Library, 37A Clerkenwell Green, London EC1R 0DU.It would be great to see as many members as possible this year.Remember, this is your opportunity to meet the committee and air your views.Invitations are being posted out to members so we hope to see you there!

Current Committee members are:President: Rick Stevens,Vice President: Marcus Henderson,Secretary: Chris BloomfieldPress Officer: Chic ChildEqualities officer & Social Media Monitor: Cilla North

The TPIU are putting on a First Aid training course on 9.5.2016.It will be near Sittingbourne Kent (venue tbc).The cost will be 80 for non members and 70 for membersFor further information and bookings please email us at: info@tpiu.org.uk (Please put First Aid Course in the subject box)

The next meeting will be in Kent on 11 July (venue and date to be confirmed)

Minutes from TPIU Meeting 11th April 2016 GMB Euston.

1. Union Funds report.

We were reminded that we receive only 10p in every 1 of union subs and only when the accounts are completedprecisely to GMB rules, which has meant the TPIU not being paid in the past. This is an ongoing issue. The good news is we are being paid the four quarters we are owed, thanks to Ricks efforts (although its not in our account as yet). Rick and Marcus have agreed to have another meeting at GMB nearer the end of the month, to give it more time. It was suggested we have more frequent statements and that it would be excellent to have them available online. Rick to email Julie Adamson to see how things are progressing.

2. Website.

Chic has agreed to look after the website on a permanent basis. He will change the main page to highlight future meetings.

3. 4 Star Rating Scheme.

We discussed peoples experiences but there hasnt been much of interest or uptake of this voluntary scheme so information is limited. What little feedback there is included one EHO mistakenly thinking it was to describe artistic ability, not hygiene. Are the public not getting the message as the scheme wasnt well publicised? Do the CIEH communicate enough? It was agreed we have an end of year review and see if take up is better and if there is more feedback.

4. Accredited Training.

Its on its way! Should be available to members late summer this year based on CPD (Continuous Professional Development) and will be industry specific and CIEH accredited. This approved modular training will, of course, be in addition to an apprenticeship.

5. Conwy Bylaw consultation.

We have been in contact with Conwy regarding their bylaw update and had issues with the suggestion to use sterile ink, which as we know is not possible. They have sidestepped our request to not include sterile ink, so we have suggested we ask Alan Beswick to either respond directly or give an opinion on or off the record. Marcus to contact him.

6. Teleconference.

It was suggested we could use GMB facilities. Rick has offered to buy the necessary equipment to facilitate this.

7. Next meeting.

Suggested date is 11th July in Kent to catch up before the AGM in September.

Our hard working President, Rick was contacted by The Mirror for a TPIU view on the popular TV show Tattoo Fixers.Heres the resulting article.http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/tattoo-fixers-dangerous-inking-union-7556582

See the original post:
Tattoo and Piercing Industry Union The official home of …